Thursday, August 19, 2010

Heart to Heart Color Challenge

Making Vineyard Berry, Blush, and Creme Brulee come together in harmony was a little challenging.  This challenge was from the week of July 26th, and again was completed but not posted.  Thankfully I do these challenges for myself (and hopefully I inpire others in the process).

My orginal idea was to use the Merry Go Round pattern from Wishes.  When I put it together, though, it turned out to be the Inner Court pattern instead.  The two aren't very different and so I made a second card using the same papers for both.  As you can see, I accessorized them slightly differently.

So how are these two cards different?  For the top one I used Glitz Glitter in the center of the flower.  And, although you can't tell from the picture, I taped some tissue paper to the bottom center of the flower so that it's raised.  I stamped twigs onto the Creme Brulee cardstock and the Daydream B&T paper with Vineyard Berry. I used the direct to paper on the the Creme Brulee cardstock -- along the edges as well as the cardstock itself -- and the white strip.

Wishes Inner Court 4.5" round card

Wishes Merry Go Round 4.5" round card
In this bottom card I used Clear Sparkles to jazz up the flower from Something Splendid (August's stamp of the month).  The patterns called for reversing the paper sizes.  The smaller flower from the stamp set was randomly stamped on the Creme Brulee cardstock in second generation and the leaves were stamped in first generation.  Here I sponged the papers with Blush ink.

Only CTMH Products:
X7108B Daydream Paper Packet (retired)
X5754 Creme Brulee Cardstock
1386 Black Cardstock
Z2106 Blush Ink
Z2157 Vineyard Berry Ink
Z2105 Black Ink
Z2167 Creme Brulee Ink
D1424 Something Splendid (8/2010 SOTM)
Z1104 Clear Sparkles (for Merry Go Round)
Z1313 Stardust Glitz Glitter (for Inner Court)

No comments: