Thursday, August 19, 2010

Heart to Heart Sketch Challenge

This was the challenge from the week of August 9th.  I had it completed but didn't get it posted until now.

Here is the sketch and how I interpreted it.

I enjoyed using the stamp set Boys at Play because I don't have boys, I don't use this set much.  Mind you, my girls do a lot of boyish things, but I can't use "boys at play" with them.  One of my layouts will use that stamp and I'll cross out the "boys" and write "girls."

Anyway, this card is 5" x 5" and is fun!  The "Full Speed Ahead" is stamped on Sweet Leaf cardstock with Topiary Ink.  The "Boys at Play" is stamped in Buttercup Ink on Colonial White cardstock and then direct to paper distressed with Sunflower ink.  I did another card where I rolled the stamp in Sunflower after inking with Buttercup.  Both B&T papers used were direct to paper distressed with Crystal Blue ink.  Finally, the "Boys at Play" sign is mounted, and the "full speed ahead" is double mounted (just put another piece of foam tape on top of the first piece after removing the protective barrier).

Only CTMH Products Used:
X7121B Caboodle Paper Packet
Z2150 Sunflower Ink
Z2110 Buttercup Ink
Z2117 Crystal Blue Ink
Z2164 Sorbet Ink
Z2155 Topiary Ink
Z1218 Basic Brad Assortment -- black bitty brads
Z1114 Piercing Tool Kit
Z1151 3-D Foam Tape
C1386 Boys at Play
4275 My Legacy Writer Set

No comments: