Tuesday, August 31, 2010

School Time

The Heart to Heart Challenge completed here is all about school tools.  I made these bag toppers for the teachers.  They had completed their first "week" (we started on Wednesday), when I gave these to them.  The chocolates are Nuggets that I wrapped with address labels.  Each label says something different.  And then I stamped something on each of the labels.  Why?  Because I can!

All Stacked Up from Wishes altered size is 6.5" x 3"
I used Wishes once again for my inspiration.  This time I used the All Stacked Up pattern.  The pattern is for a 6" x 3" card, but my bag was a little over that.  What to do?  Increase the length!  Everything else is the same.

I wanted to use colors that are a little less typical of school.  I guess I wanted a really big challenge.  The colors I chose were Cocoa, Barn Red, Creme Brulee, and Twilight.  I have to say, I almost gave up on the colors, but I think I succeeded afterall.  Just don't look at the colors of the stamped label (I wanted to use Cotton Candy for the crown because my girls' teachers are female).

For the card, all products are CTMH:
X7126B Passages Paper Packet (B&T paper)
X5754 Creme Brulee Cardstock
X5666 Twilight Cardstock
Z2167 Creme Brulee Ink
Z2104 Barn Red Ink
Z2114 Cocoa Ink
Z2367 Creme Brulee Marker
Z2318 Desert Sand Marker
Z2337 Olive Marker
C1418 In the Month of August
D1187 For Every Occation
D1346 You Rock (used on the You Rock label only)
Z1151 3D Foam

No comments: