Friday, June 8, 2012

April 2012 Workshop Thank You Note

My April 2012 workshop featured Lisa Stenz's card box and my cards.  We used Pemberley paper and the Card Word Puzzle stamp set for the workshop.  To follow up with those themes, I created a 3"x3" card for those who ordered from me.

Originals: Stage Right
This card came from Originals card confidence program (I LOVE this tool) on page 122.  The card base is Olive cardstock with Desert Sand providing the strip.  The flower is stamped with Outdoor Denim on Colonial White and colored with our watercolor pencils.  The leaves are stamped in Olive on Garden Green cardstock.  "Just Because" is stamped in Outdoor Denim and comes from Card Word Puzzle.  The edges are distressed by direct to paper with the corresponding cardstock ink color.

How do I do direct to paper?  Open your ink pad and directly swipe it against your paper.  Depending on the angle you hold the paper (or ink pad) will determine how much ink you get on the paper.  Remember my May stamp of the month sample?  I rubbed the Olive ink pad along the entire paper to achieve that look.  You should try it!

No comments: