Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Up Close Look at Cards 1 and 2


To remind you, these two cards were cut from the 10 card workshop in Wishes.  The paper is the same but, as you can see, the cards have a completely different feel from each other.

The "Thanks" focal corners were created by using our 1.25" circle rounder.  I put just the corner into the cutter to create the concave look.  The flowers I stamped in Creme Brulee and then colored in with our watercolor pencils (Sorbet and Orange).  I then took some water and a paint brush and lightly blended the inks together.  I had really wanted to use our new alcohol markers, but I can't even order them until tomorrow - just like you.  I had originally colored and cut out another flower to mount above the word "thanks" but thought otherwise once I mounted the word.

The card needed something else which is why I added the Baker's Twine.  It adds so much to the card.  Oh, if you think the pollen looks shiny, you'd be right.  I used Liquid Glass dots on them to bring them out.

For the second card,
No stamping done on this card, just like my July workshop. :)  The sentiment is from the Clementine Complements which is canvas.  The sentiment is mounted.  The bottom right corner and edge of the card has been sanded slightly to add visual interest.  Those two buttons are Twilight and topped with Creme Brulee Baker's Twine knot (and attached with Liquid Glass).



Products Used (all CTMH):
both:
X7156B  Clementine Paper Packet
X7153B  Florentine Paper Packet
X1410    Colonial White Cards and Envelopes
Z1151    3-D Foam Tape
Z679    Liquid Glass


"Thanks" Card:
C1494  Card Word Puzzle
D1444  A Little Thanks
Z2160  Twilight ink
Z2167  Creme Brulee ink
3505    Watercolor Pencils
Z1311  1.25" Circle Punch
Z1701  Neutral Assortment Baker's Twine


"Friends..." Card:
X7156C Clementine Complements
Z1702     Paradise Baker's Twine
Z1371     Blue Assortment Buttons
Z1294     Sanding Kit

No comments: