Wednesday, August 22, 2012

July Workshop Extra Samples Close Up

Let me show you the additional 6 cards I created with the Stella Complements Canvas Shapes and Paper Packet.  Four of the five patterns can be found in Jeanette Lynton's Wishes how-to book.  The fifth is a new pattern.

The first one is Lower Layers.  It is almost identical to its partner -- the color of the flowers are the only difference.  Sunset ink was rubbed on the Sunset cardstock to lend the muddled look of the cardstock.  I like the look -- it adds texture without adding an additional color.  A Lagoon Baker's Twine knot was glued with Liquid Glass onto the green canvas button.  The small flower was mounted on foam tape.










Next we have Top View.  The Sunset paper was scored every 1/4" and then sanded to show the white core.  The Cocoa square was also sanded for continuity.


Sentiment Wave is one of my favorite patterns.  Since I didn't have the round sentiment to use as in my original card, I put  a small flower and flourishes surrounding the flower.  The color of the center of the flower was darkend by placing another canvas image on top.   I also direct to paper edge distressed all paper and card base.  Wishes comes with a printable template for the wavy piece.  To recreate it on the flap, just trace a second copy of the corner.  Once I glued the paper onto the card base flap, I trimmed the excess paper from the curved flap.



From there we go to the Top it Off pattern.  The stitched border is from a zip strip from one of the background and textured papers.  The papers are all direct to paper edge distressed with Lagoon ink.  To have the curved paper on the flap, I center aligned the cut paper to the flap (toward the edge of the paper so as not too cut too much off) and traced the curve.  I then trimmed along the traced line.


And, finally, we reach the New Pattern.  It might be new, but this bird and branch are facing the opposite direction than the original.  Only the light background and texture paper received the direct to paper edge distressing with Cocoa ink.  The bird is mounted.


There were several Complement images left so I created one more card.  The pattern I based this card on is one from the new "Make It from Your Heart" Volume 1 how-to publication.  The card is 5"x7".  I apologize for the blurry picture.  The saying is mounted on Cocoa cardstock.  The base of the card is Olive.

To complete the workshop, you'll need these products (all CTMH):
X7147B  Stella Paper Packet
X7147C  Stella Complements Canvas Shapes
Z2114     Cocoa Ink
Z2195      Lagoon Ink
Z2191      Sunset Ink
Z1738      Colonial White Die-Cut Cards and Envelopes
Z1151      3D Foam Tape
Z1702      Paradise Assortment Baker's Twine
Wishes how-to program

No comments: