Thursday, May 23, 2013

Fabric Flowers

The other day Stacy showed us how to add For Always Fabric to a layout.  The fabric added even more dimension to the layout.

I made 3-D flowers and a mason jar top with my fabric.  I also used the fabric for the leaves.



Okay, I have to tell you that it was my intention to cut the fabric out with my Cricut.  One thing I learned from the experience was you need to have a sharper blade to cut through fabric.  Since I was on a time crunch, I instead cut out freezer paper.  Once the freezer paper was cut, I ironed the paper to the fabric and then cut out the fabric flowers with fabric scissors.  Once I rolled them, I sprayed them with starch -- they didn't really need to be sprayed, but I did.  The opaques were glued in with Liquid Glass.  In fact, everything was glued on with Liquid Glass.

We made something very similar to this at our Spring Fling Workshop that was May 4th, 2013.  You should have seen those pictures already.

What was in the jar?  Cookies in a jar mix.  Potatoe chip cookie mix to be exact.  They are quite good!

2 comments:

Patty said...

this turned out really pretty Dana!

Bren Hughes said...

Those are just adorable! Who wouldn't love that gift? Love Love love!