Saturday, February 8, 2014

Burlap or Ribbon Swap - My Creation

I don't remember if I've told you that I belong to a group of card swappers. We meet every other month and have a challenge (but we don't have to) for the card.  This month's challenge was to use either burlap or fabric on the card.

Sometimes I can see my card clearly -- this was one of those times.  I had to look around my craft room for Twitterpated paper and my owl set, but I found them!  My card with it's Cricut envelope:


I used the burlap as my accent piece behind the owl. The Artbooking Cricut Cartridge was used to cut the branch and leaves.  Old fashion cutting got the Chocolate owl off the page.  I did stamp the owls stomach on another piece of paper in Champagne, cut it out, and sponged it with Chocolate.  I then glued it to the owl.  And notice the eyes?  I added some Cocoa Opaques!

I really liked this card so I made a couple more.  However, I ran out of trunk paper so I substituted the lined paper instead.  Still like it a lot!  By the way, the striped paper is narrower than the trunk paper.  I was going to use it originally for a standard card but went with the trunk paper on a 5"x5" card instead.

Increasing the card size put me out of the standard card sized envelope too.  That's okay because I have the Artiste Cricut Cartridge to rescue me.  : )  I sized this non-traditional envelope at 5.5" to accommodate the branch and leaves extending past the card face.  The envelope can be found on page 43 of the booklet, and under the 3D Object (key in the 3rd column, 2nd row).

If you don't have an owl stamp, and you do have the Artbooking Cartridge, then you can use the owl on page 84 or page 85.  If you don't have Artbooking, you should!  : )

No comments: