Thursday, February 13, 2014

Embossing Knowledge with CTMH's new Embossing Envelopes

In today's video, Jill shares with us some neat features of our new Embossing folders and some techniques when embossing.  I now understand why sometimes my embossed image isn't as crisp as I'd like -- I embossed against the grain!



The examples Jill shared with us at the end of video did not show details really well. However, several of these examples are in the Spring/Summer 2014 Idea Book.  Let me tell you where those samples can be found:

The Happy Layout:I thought this was in there, but I can't find it.  : (
Big Ideas Kraft Album: page 130 (and that's where the 5 folders are located)
The owl card: page 57.  And the middle card on that page is also embossed with the chevron folder
Cute chevron stamped card can't be found in the book either.  Waah.
Hello Hello Hello card: page 95 (at the top -- it took me twice to find it!)

In my search for the video samples, I came upon more great samples of embossing folders not shown in the video, but are in the idea book:
"One of a Kind" Pennant Frame on page 39
"Thanks You're..." card on page 65 (with the Art Philosophy Collection)
"G'day" card on page 90
"Friends Forever" card on page 91
"The Celebrate Love" card on 99 is an Artbooking Cartridge cut - nice try, though  : ) 
"Bee Happy" and "Oh happy day" cards on page 120

I just got two folders  the other day, and am looking forward to working with them next week.  I'll keep you posted!  Go look at the samples and imagine what you can create with your folders!

Alright, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that Close to my Heart is giving a FREE embossing folder with every two cardstock bundles you buy.  And there is no limit.  So if you need a refill on cardstock, buy two through February 28, 2014 and get your choice of embossing folder!

No comments: