Monday, August 10, 2015

Merry Christmas Card with August 2015 SOTM and Artistry

One of the great things about the August Stamp of the Month (SOTM) is the versatility!  I created my next card with the Merry Christmas saying in mind.


This card is 4.25" x 4.25", so my wreath is about the same.  I do my designing in Cricut Design Space or Cricut Craft Room.  That way I can save the file to use again later, and not have to reinvent it.  The holly berries are a separate image from the wreath, so I sized it to match the wreath leaves size.  Using the "hide contour" technique, I copied the holly berries twice to have three copies.  The first layer I hid the leaves so that jus the berries remained.  That way I could cut them out a different color (Ruby here).  On the second copy I removed the berries to make the Fern layer (lighter green).  To the third copy, I removed the berries and the lines from inside the leaves to create the New England Ivy layer (dark green).

Now, because I want three sets of holly berries per wreath, I copy and paste the three layers I created above.  That way, when I cut, I'll only have one wreath when I cut one copy of the file!

I layed the wreath down on Colonial White and then stamped in Ruby inside.  Once the leaves were glued together, I popped the leaves with Thin Foam and the berries with 3D foam (to be higher than the leaves).  Done!

This Stamp of the Month is only available through August 31, 2015, so don't wait to order it!  You will use this stamp throughout the year.  

No comments: