Friday, September 18, 2015

Card Using Paper Garden

Now that you've been impressed with corporate's stamp of the month samples, I want to show you mine.  Oh, wait, maybe I should have done it the other way around!

Simple and elegant - this 3.5" x 8" card is from Originals and is called Top View.  The pattern can be found on page 86.


I rotated the Paper Garden (S1509) image to the orientation shown, stamped on the Colonial White in Cocoa ink, and then stamped it again on scratch cardstock.  I cut out the main flower to emphasis it that much more.  The focal flower was matted on Desert Sand - Champagne is also a good choice - and layered on Sangria (X7199B) paper.  The Flaxen Extra Thick Twine (Z3036) is two pieces - one for the bow and one for the line.  I used Liquid Glass (Z679) to adhere the twine.

Finally, I added "thanks" to the bottom of the card in Cocoa ink (Z2114). Can't find the font under fonts section of the book?  Check out page 137 under the Base and Bling section.  The stamp set is great to monogram your necklaces.  But it also works well for cards!  The stamp set is called Etched Alphabet (A1182).

1 comment:

Dana Simone-Kurtz said...

Looking at the previous post, I want to point out that the stamp used for my Sangria sample and the sample from corporate are the same stamp! How different the look can be!!