Friday, November 13, 2015

Kaleidoscope Workshop on the Go Cards Gets a Makeover!

I know I've told you this in the past, and now I'm going to show you another example.  What am I babbling about?!  Using stamp sets and ideas again with different paper.  If you think/thought Kaleidoscope is too feminine, turn the Kaleidoscope Card Workshop on the Go (G1101) into a more masculine set of cards.  The stamp set that comes with the kit is a great birthday stamp set.  Go ahead and make the cards as the kit calls for.  Then cut another set with another paper packet.  I used Urban (X7204B) for my second set.

I used colors that coordinate with Urban paper - Sapphire, Saffron, Peacock, Slate, and Champagne.  The accessories I used were the Silver Shimmer Trim (Z1799) and Enamel & Glitter Duos Blue Dots (Z3122). Everything else I followed the instructions within the Kaleidoscope Workshop on the Go (WOTG).

Here are the Urban cards followed by the side by side cards from that kit:





Please don't forget to mask the bottom 1" like the instructions say to do for this card!!  If not, you'll have balloon strings hanging lower than the shimmer trim and it will look odd.  Trust me, I remembered the hard way!  Now I have scrap paper.


Okay, I lied about following everything within the WOTG.  Instead of making a banner for this card, I just used our Corner Rounder (Z1912) for the focal paper.

One trick I learned with this card, for placement, was to stamp "Party Time" first.  Then I stamped the candle and worked my way down.  That way my saying was centered on my focal paper.


If you want to make the Kaleidoscope card a little more masculine (which in my opinion, this card can be given to a male), you could use Gypsy ink in place of the Pixie and then use Grey Enamel Gems (Z3089) or Silver Assortment Sequins (Z2013) in place of the Pink Enamel Gems (comes with the kit).



So when you are looking through the Annual Inspirations Idea Book or either of Seasonal Expressions, look at the stamp set.  If you like the set, buy it!  The stamp sets can last a really long time (or until you fall in love with another one), and can be used with lots of different paper.  : )

1 comment:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Wowie, I love the Urban version of this card kit! That is really, really cool! Thank you for the inspiration!