Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Open, Open, Open...

Do you remember that commercial?  I believe the woman was standing outside a Marshall's [correction: it was Mervyn's - thanks Bethany!] store, waiting for it to open.

I'm ready for my bulbs to start growing, and I'm not being very patient about it.  It's a good thing I don't have a choice!  Why am I being impatient?

When Belle passed away in July, my neighbor touched me by giving me some Snowbell bulbs to plant in her honor.  The instructions said to wait until November to plant them.  I waited, very nicely, I might add, until the second week of November!  Now that I planted them, I want them to grow - NOW.

Today I told myself that I wouldn't check on them again until the 29th.  I hope I can last that long. I hope to see a change - a hint of growth.  I know they won't be in bloom or anything...

Belle was a beautifully sweet dog, and I'm ready to smile whenever I see the plant.  I still think about my baby everyday.  I know she barked a lot, but she was always by the door when I got home.  It's uncanny to me how much I still miss her presence...

Anyway, Amanda gave me a wonderful gift when she delivered the bulbs to me.  I will think of her and her thoughtfulness along with Belle, whenever I see the plant and flowers.  Thank you, Amanda!   Hugs.

Now, if the bulbs would just open...

2 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

So sorry for your loss. Our furr-babies are such an important part of our family.
Hugs.

Dana Simone-Kurtz said...

Thank you, Sharli. : ) I agree.