Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Thoughtful "Thursday" on Wednesday 11/11/15

Armistice - the end of hostilities in World War I - came at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month in 1918.  Armistice Day, as it was known then, was celebrated in 1919.  It became a legal holiday in 1938, and in 1954 was renamed to Veterans Day.

There are 21 MILLION veterans whom we can thank for our freedom (unfortunately we can't thank the millions who are no longer with us, but  I think of them too)!  I cannot thank enough of them to make a dent in how thankful I am.  Sometimes it's too overwhelming a thought for me.  I say it in my head if it doesn't make it out of my mouth to every veteran I see.  I am truly thankful for all of you.

Not only the men and women who have put his/her life on the line, near the line, or supported the line, but also to the families of the servicemen.  The families whose wife/mother/daughter/aunt/grandmother/husband/father/son/uncle/grandfather have served.  Those who have been gone.  I can't imagine the struggles and joys the single parent/spouse went through while their loved on was deployed.  The sacrifices everyone has made for the rest of us to be safe.

THANK YOU!!!!


No comments: