Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Look to the Idea Book for Inspiration

I really enjoy using our Embossing Folder Deffusers (there is a square one and a circular one).  I've used the circular one with this card.  If you've looked through the Annual Inspirations idea book, it might look familiar to you.  It's on page 117, although these colors are different.
I made this card for a card exchange in January where the challenge was embossing.  The background is Sangria (X7199B), the stamp set is Blossoming Expressions (D1665), the Embossing folder is Confetti (Z3118), the Circle Embossing Diffuser (Z3096), gold foil tape (Z3129), and Black Shimmer Trim (1809) round out the card supplies.  That's not including the 3-D Foam Tape (Z1151), Thin 3-D Foam Tape (Z2060), nor the Non-stick Micro-tip Scissors (Z1836) I used for the flowers.  Shoot, I also used Black ink (Z2015) for the saying;  light flowers - Cotton Candy (Z2193) with Pixie (Z2644); leaves - Topiary (Z2155) with Fern (Z2650); and large flower - Ruby (Z2170) and Cranberry (Z2116).

Now that that's out of the way... I cut the White Daisy cardstock to 5.25" x 4"to allow for the Sangria (5.5" x 4") background to show.  To emboss, the Diffuser is used instead of an embossing plate.  I positioned the hole of the diffuser where I didn't want the cardstock to be embossed.  I hope that makes sense...  The Diffuser is a plate that has a circular (or square) hole in it.  The area where the hole is will NOT be embossed.

On a separate scrap piece of White Daisy cardstock, I stamped the flowers and leaves.  Those were subsequently cut out, and arranged around the saying.  The Shimmer Tape and Foil Tape were added for sparkle and shine.

I thought I'd show you the card this one was modeled after.  : )



With this card, the embossed area was raised off the background.  The Embossing Folder used here is Scallop (Z3021) with the Square Diffuser (Z3097).  Grey Enamel Gems (Z3089) accent the flowers.












I also thought you'd like seeing the Confetti Embossing Folder without the Diffuser.  It's a fun folder!  The stamp set here is So Many Smiles (C1619).

No comments: