Thursday, October 6, 2016

Thoughtful Thursday October 6, 2016


My brother-in-law Christopher is participating in the IronMan, Kona on Saturday.  When I say "participating", I don't mean it lightly.  What verb do you use when he'll be swimming over 2 miles, biking over 100 miles, and THEN running a marathon?  He's crazy, in my opinion!  Christopher believes this a small thing.  What is great about the event is that he's raised over $79,000 for research for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, represented by Team in Training.  And he's raised awareness.  : )

Over the 15 HOURS he'll be on the course, I bet he'll think about what the money will cure.  Leukemia and Lymphoma are cancers of the blood.  Some have high curable rates, while others have low rates

And how did he raise the money?  By caring people donating to his cause.  You may have donated to goteamtrent.org (can you put him over the $80K mark?!) or to your cause.  Together, in small amounts, we can do something great!  I love it!

Good luck, Christopher!!!

3 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Wow! That's something to be very proud of! Go Trent!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Christopher? I saw teamtrent and "assumed"! Oops!

Dana Simone-Kurtz said...

No worries, Sharli! Trent is his last name since the whole family got (actually is) involved. : )