Saturday, November 26, 2016

Flower Market Wedding Card


I had just made my samples for my watercolor workshop. I had extra watercolor PML cards to explore with.  My friend was getting married.  And I wanted to play with the Flower Market Cricut Collection.  Time to make a wedding card!

A little background on the wedding... It was a rustic wedding.  The bride had made the center pieces from succulents, as was her bouquet.  There was a dash of sparkle, because that's the kind of gal Bren is.  And we wore cowboy boots to the wedding - she had them on.  These were the things in my mind when I set out to make a wedding card.  I hope you like what I came up with:
Let me talk you through the card...

The base goes with the theme - woodgrain from our Rustic paper packet, and bling from the white glitter paper.  The next layer is the watercolor PML card.  I painted this 4" x 6" card with colors #33, #34, #32, then back to #34, and #33.  "Mr." and "Mrs." were cut from Juniper paper and sponged with Smokey Plum (retired) ink.  Those words were mounted with Thin 3D foam.

The flowers are next.  Three different flowers are shown in the below table with the color cardstock from the largest cut to the smallest cut.  The flowers are inserted as a group.  The number after the name of the flower corresponds to the group width (No, I didn't pay attention to the size.  I went with what I thought would look good which is why the widths are odd sized.).
Ranunculus - 4.18" Succulent (star) - 2.15" Succulent (tri petal) - 3.47"
Eggplant Fern New England Ivy
Smokey Plum Juniper Fern
Pansy Sweet Leaf Juniper
Pansy Glacier Glacier
Thistle Sea Glass Sea Glass
Juniper
Sea Glass

All the flowers were glued together in the center and then the edges were curled.  The Gold Sequins finish the card off with a little more bling (that matches the "&") and adds interest to the card.









The star succulent is the top flower.  The tri petal is the lower flower.






This is the Ranunculus flower.  It's a accidentally a little off centered.









This card was definitely outside of my comfort zone.  That being said, I think I did a good job with the colors of the wedding.  I hope Bren and Tim liked it.  The wedding was a blast, basically a jam session of families and friends.  And you couldn't have asked for a better day.  It was a bit warm out, but under the trees of the ceremony and reception, it was the perfect temperature.  May they live happily ever after!


No comments: