Sunday, April 23, 2017

Cut Above Layout Kit - Little One

I thought I'd show you a little more about assembling the Little One kit.  I went ahead and punched out all of the die cut pieces and started laying out the layout (say that five times fast).


Here is the left page laid out.  The instructions call for assembling the bottom layer. Unfortunately some of the shapes are covered by the picture.  But not here!

You'll note that all the heart pieces are in the same orientation.  In the picture, the bottom right heart piece is only a small sliver (and the piece above that is covered completely.  I thought it cool that the far right pieces are only partial so it makes lining up at the edge of the paper easier, and there is no cutting involved.








The same holds true with the right page of the layout; no cutting necessary.  The rest of the circle is cut down to only be the pieces you see to the right.

Here's my tip about gluing these down.  In the picture, it shows the left side should be 1.5" from the top, but the picture is vague about which part of the circle should be 1.5".  So, I started gluing down the right layout first and went with the upper tip of the top piece as my measurement.  Since each piece touches, it's easy to place the other two pieces.





Once I was done with the right page, I lined up the left page, and the upper right pie piece (of the left page) with the part circle of the completed page.  Wow that seems complicated!  I hope it's clear rather than clear as mud!


Hopefully this picture makes it make more sense.

You can also see that I didn't have my tips (left page) match exactly.  I figured a picture will be going over it, and I want this layout to remain quick.



The above steps were the "hard" ones.  I then used the measurements given, and the picture for visual clues, for the next layers.
















Here is the completed left page.


















And the completed right page.

The pocket cards go in as "instructed" or however you'd like.  I didn't bother to show you those, but you'll see them in the kit.

Fast and easy.  Get yours today at dsdoodles.closetomyheart.com.  : )

No comments: