Monday, May 22, 2017

Patriotic Paper Banner Wreath - 4TH OF JULY

Kristine goes through the Georgie Paper pack (RETIRED) but at 1:26 minutes into the video, she'll explain how to make the wreath.  You don't have to watch the whole thing...




Banners can be made using Artistry or Flower Market Cricut Collections.  I'm going to use this technique for Fourth of July.



Let me tell you what I did, using this video as inspiration.


As I said, after watching this video, I knew I wanted to make a patriotic wreath.  I found a foam wreath at the Dollar Tree to wrap.  I cut 5 Sapphire (X5775) strips measuring 2" x 12" (just like in the video), 7 Cranberry (1272) strips, and 6 White Daisy (1385) strips.  I clustered the 5 Sapphire strips first, then alternated the Cranberry and White Daisy strips, starting and ending with the Cranberry.

**NOTE:** I used Liquid Glass (Z679) to adhere the ends of the strips together, not tape runner.  I don't know if it's the wreath width, but the tape runner was not strong enough to keep the ends of the cardstock together.

I bannered each strip and then fanned them out so they overlapped by about 1.5".  I then added a little bit of  Liquid Glass to the paper where it overlapped.  That way the strips would stay in place.  Finally, I cut out 2 large, 2 medium, and 1 small Thin Cut Heart Outline (retired) and added Liquid Glass to the stars and adhered them to the wreath.

To the back, I added a 2" piece of thick twine, again with Liquid Glass, so I could hang my creation.  Shop here to get your paper supplies.  Now I'm ready for Memorial Day and the Fourth of July!

No comments: