Monday, October 16, 2017

Embossing Diffuser and Punny Pals

Last week I taught an advanced dry embossing class through the Poway Adult School.  This example showed how to use the diffuser (discontinued - but found at a store).  I only explained the technique of using the diffuser.  And an application of coloring the embossed image.  I posted a video in September about the diffuser.  See how flat it is around the bear?  That's because the diffuser doesn't push down on the embossing folder's image.
Punny Pals Bear Paws

The paws embossing folder was purchased at JoAnn, and coupled with a circular diffuser to emboss the White Daisy (1385) cardstock.  That said cardstock was cut to 4" x 5.25" ahead of embossing.  I placed the diffuser higher on the card to stamp my focal image there.  Once out of the embossing machine, I took my Mahogany (Z2456) ShinHan Touch Twin Marker and traced over the raised edges of the lined paw prints.

I stamped the Bear and saying from Punny Pals (D1751) with Memento ink (Z899) because I was going to color him.  I colored the bear with Mahogany, and added Black (Z2446) to his nose and Pastel Peach (Z2460) to his belly and ears.

I didn't have access to the Thin Cuts for the Punny Pals that you can purchase during this month (Oct. 2017) otherwise I would have made the bear pop with 3D Foam (not that it isn't cute as it it).  : )

No comments: