Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Flower Market Floral Cards - Iris

I was inspired by a fellow consultant - Julie Carriere - with her Canadian floral cards.  She had used the Cricut Hello Canada (Z3391) Collection to create her cards.  Since I am trying to use my resources wisely (aka, not spending a lot of money), I thought I would try using Flower Market Collection (Z3290 digital or Z3285 physical).  I'm really happy with the results.  : )

This first card is using the Iris flower:

The card on the left was supposed to be oriented in the other direction.  I had glued everything down before I realized my mistake.  Oh, well!

I just love the embossed backgrounds.  They add dimension to the cards without being distracting.

The Iris (pg 37 - <m><flower-1>, <shift><m><flower-1>, <m><flower-2>, and <shift><m><flower-2>is made from the front and the backside of Eggplant cardstock (X5956).  I love how the paper is now two-toned! The stamen is made from Saffron cardstock (X5961), by cutting the background flower a second time.  Then I hand cut the excess off.  I wanted to keep the openness of the flower top.  : )

The stems on the left are both from Fern cardstock (X5930), while the foreground iris on the right utilized New England Ivy cardstock (X5959).

Finally, the words are cut from Black cardstock (1386).  My favorite base for cards is the White Daisy Value Pack (X254).  The flowers and words are popped from the page with the help of using White Daisy cardstock (1385).

Cricut Iris Card
I raised the foreground flower with Thin 3D foam (Z2060).  "Thanks" is only the first part of the "Thanks a Bunch" saying (pg. 3 - <3><title>).

For this card, I went with the modern Buffalo Plaid (Z4032) Embossing Envelope - only available through Dec. 31, 2017.

I hand cut off the smaller flower's bud.  I thought it would detract from the overall look.

You could add some Shimmer Brush (clear - Z3293) accent to the flowers or the background.  I took the pictures before I did that - it had been my intention.  But, at the same time, it isn't necessary.
Background: Eggplant cut to 4" x 5.25".  White embossed cut to 3.75" x 5" before embossed.


Flower Market Cuts
For this second card, I made the iris' larger.  I popped the foreground iris up with the Thin 3D foam.

This time I used the Leaves (Z4031) Embossing Folder - again, only available through Dec. 31, 2017.  I used the "back" of the embossed leaves.  I thought it had a cooler look that the other side.  : )

The Eggplant cardstock background was cut at 4.25" x 5.5".  The White Daisy cardstock to 4" x 5.25".

"hello" came from pg 1<shift><1><title>.

No comments: