Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Sweet 16 Birthday Card

What have I been up to? One thing is that my (now) 16 year old asked me to make her birthday party invitations!  No hinting/asking/pleading on my part.  In fact, I think last year we just sent out an evite!  Of course I couldn't say "no".  : )

Even though the paper is gone, I love the feel and colors of Chelsea Gardens, so that's the paper I chose for the invites.  Lindsey wanted some bling, so I pulled out my stash of Sea Glass Glitter Paper and my Cricut Collections.
The pattern came from Make it from Your Heart Vol. 4; pattern #15.  The Heather behind the "Sweet" is actually the zip strip from one of the Chelsea Garden's B&T paper.  I cut it in half and adhered it to the back of the White Daisy paper.  The circle is also Heather cardstock.  The other colored cardstock is Sweet Leaf ("Sweet"), Juniper (between the B&T papers), and Crystal Blue.

This card went together really fast conceptually.  And assembling the 21 cards went quickly too.  Lindsey adhered the two "Sweet"s together, added the "16" to the circles, and added thin foam to the backside of the Heather circles.

No comments: