Monday, August 9, 2010

Sundial Birthday

This had been a Heart to Heart challenge that I completed.  I hadn't taken the blog plunge yet so I hadn't posted it, until now.  The challenge was to incorporate stars within the papercrafted item.  On my continuing quest of making each and every card in Wishes, I came up with this card.

Wishes Sundial 4.25" x 5.5"
Besides using paper I haven't used in a really long time (Blue Ribbon), I used our new Glitz Glitter Glue Stardust.  I love the way it sparkles!  The candles and sparkles are cut out and mounted with 3D foam tape.  I added the glitter glue after the card was assembled (I had tried applying it before cutting the sparkles out, and even though it had dried, I found I needed to reapply after attaching them to the card).

Even though I used retired paper (it wasn't when I made this card), you can substitute your favorite for the star paper shown here.  And yes, I used cocoa ribbon when I should have used chocolate...but, do you know what?  The cocoa and chocolate are close enough in color that you can substitute them.

All Products are CTMH:
X7096B Blue Ribbon Paper Packet (retired)
Z2140 Outdoor Denim Ink
Z2130 Indian Corn Blue Ink
Z2162 Honey Ink
Z2116 Cranberry Ink
Z2123 Goldrush Ink
C1394 Candlelight
Z1313 Glitz Glitter Glue - Stardust
Z1151 3D Foam Tape
Z1316 Designer Ribbon Rounds - Cocoa (grosgrain) 

No comments: