Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sympathy Card

Unfortunately I know of several people who has a loved one slipping away from us.  I was inspired by the Heart to Heart Challenge of using "City Scape" from Wishes to come up with an uplifting sympathy card.  This is what I came up with...

City Scape from Wishes 3" x 4.75"
The two cards are very similar.  The accents are how they differ.  Usually when I'm working on a card, I think of another way to do the same card.  I like them both!

Both used Twilight Textured Cardstock as the base of the top (I used colonial white cardstock as the base of the card -- the textured is much too valueable to use as the entire card).   In the bottom card, I rubbed the open ink pad across the textured cardstock to highlight the texture.  In the top card, I mounted the saying with 3D foam tape.  Placement of the clear sparkles is the only other thing that's different between the cards.  :)

Products Used (all CTMH):
X7070B Simple Pleasures Paper Packet
X5670 Winter Cozy Textured Cardstock Combo --Twilight
Z2160 Twilight Ink
Z2164 Sorbet Ink
Z2114 Cocoa Ink
Z1104 Clear Sparkles
Z1151 3-D Foam Tape
B1296 Joy Forever


No comments: