Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Window Wishes

Wishes Window Wishes 4.5" x 4.5"
These cards are some really old Color Me Monday color combinations.  I don't remember why I did both of these, but I guess you win in the end.  No, I guess I win because I have the cards.  :)

The top card colors are Black, Juniper, Tulip, and White Daisy.  The flower is stamped on the black cardstock with VersaMark ink.  You can see that it leaves a watermark look on the dark colored cardstock.  The Juniper frame was edged distressed with the edge distressor tool.  The flower's (Joy Forever) outline was stamped in black and cut out.  The interior of the flower was stamped with Tulip.  The leaves (for both cards) were stamped in Juniper on Juniper cardstock.

The bottom card is sporting the colors Ponderosa Pine, Juniper, Tulip, and Colonial White.  With this card, I scored the back side of the card front either 0.25" or 0.5" apart.  I then slightly sanded the raised ridges for the striped look on the Ponderosa Pine cardstock.  The buttons came from the Tulip Mini-Medley (as was the ribbon on the top card).  For this flower, I stamped outline in Cocoa so it would blend in more with the flower.  I added liquid glass to the center of the flower, just to try something different.  The cocoa ink bled a little, making the center have a yellow hue, but it's okay.  If I didn't want the ink to bleed, then either archival black ink or the StazOn ink would have been a better choice.  The small flowers you see peeking out of the window were stamped second generation Tulip.

All CTMH Products Used:
Top card only
1386 Black CS
1385 White Daisy CS
Z1297 Edge Distressor

Bottom card only
1276 Ponderosa Pine CS
1388 Colonial White CS
Z1204 Bone folder
Z1294 Sanding Kit
Z1096 Embroidery Floss - Neutral Assortment
Z679 Liquid Glass

Both Cards
X5752 Juniper CS
B1296 Joy Forever (discontinued 12/10)
Z1320 Mini-Medley - Tulip
Z341 Glue Dots




No comments: