Wednesday, April 27, 2011

WISH Block

The "i" of this word is my favorite.  You know how you get an idea in your mind and you work at it until it looks the same in reality as in your mind?  Well, I usually have to settle because it doesn't always work out the way you want.  This one is an exception!

The WISH block can be used for birthdays or any celebration (like the Fourth of July), which is why I used the Fanfare paper packet.  The letters have cardstock that I spritzed with a mixture of pearl paint and water. 


 Nice and simple.  The ink is White Daisy which is a pigment ink.  I set it with our craft heater, and tied it on with white embroidery floss.
 The cupcake frosting is our liquid applique.  I let it dry over night so it would be a smoother finish.  I then added bitty brads to look like those little balls (I can't think of the proper name for them).  The wrappers are stamped on white textured cardstock and mounted in the middle.  The flame is two layers of dimensional element stars.  The bottom layer is sponged in buttercup ink.  The second layer has a star from the B&T paper, rotated, and the top layer is a cut out star.
 The S used Fanfare's My Stickease for the banner. I cut the border to make it sag a little. I then added a brad between the two pieces so that the banner is being held up by the brad. Okay, I'm a little crazy so I cut out a star from the B&T paper and glued it onto the brad.


Buttons, My Stickease, and a Canvas button with a cut out star make for excellent balloons for this letter.  The strings are waxy flax.

No comments: