Wednesday, January 25, 2012

January Workshop Close Up

I thought you'd like to see the cards a little closer.  The colors of the paper are Black, Desert Sand, Smoothie, and Tulip.  I used the Rock the Block stamp set at least one time in each of the cards.  I also used Say it in Style stamp set for the two sayings.
This first card I stamped the word "fun" half in Tulip ink and half in Bamboo ink.  After I stamped it on White Daisy cardstock, I outlined the front of the letters with My Legacy Writer (0.5 tip).  It makes the word pop out, as does the 3-D foam the letters are on.  :)  The large corner stamp was used to create the top and bottom border behind "FUN."  I inked and stamped the diagonal section of that stamp.  And the black button brads are put through the concentric circle from the set stamped in Tulip.


The second card also used the large corner stamp but in the traditional way.  I adjusted the location such that I stamped what I wanted to see.  "Wishing you well" is stamped in Desert Sand and is from the Say it in Style stamp set.  The ribbon is Cranberry Grosgrain Ribbon (being discontinued on 2/1/12) which is held in place with a photo hanger.
Card number three is simple and elegant.  The flower is stamped in Smoothie while the leaves were inked in Bamboo.  The Desert Sand accent piece was stamped with Desert Sand to create another coordinating patterned paper.  Tulip Embroidery floss (also discontinued as of 2/1/12) tops off the chocolate flower.  The flower and leaves are raised.
And finally we have the fourth card.  Here we used the Newsprint Rub-Ons for the word "smile".  The word "big" came from Tiny Typewriter Alphabet.  The flower is made from two stamps.  The base was inked in Smoothie and the top was second generation rolled in Tulip ink.  The flower was stamped before "smile" was added.  I think the rest is self explanatory.

All CTMH Products Used:
X7140B Roxie Level 2 Paper Packet
Z1473 White Daisy Die-Cut Cards and Envelopes
Z2105 Black Ink Stamp Pad
Z2118 Desert Sand Ink Stamp Pad
Z2103 Bamboo Ink Stamp Pad
Z2196 Smoothie Ink Stamp Pad
Z2166 Tulip Ink Stamp Pad
Z1403 Photo Hangers
X1388 Newsprint Rub-Ons
Z1460 Ribbon Slides
Z1393 Mini-Medley Accents -- Black (button brads)
Z1358 Basic Assortment Buttons -- Chocolate flower button
Z1092 Embroidery Floss -- Red and Pink Assortment
Z1103 Cranberry Grosgrain Ribbon

No comments: