Sunday, January 26, 2014

Create Your Own

I made this card in 2008.  Why am I showing it you now?!
Originals: Center Accent - 4.75"x3"
Because it shows several techniques!  First off, there are only two colors of cardstock associated with this card -- Spring Iris and Vanilla Cream (both retired).  The words are from one stamp set, the balloon is from a second stamp set, and the background pattern is from third set. 

The first technique is creating the top part.  I took the different birthday wishes and placed them all on one block.  I wanted to have "celebrate" and "happy birthday show" so I placed them on the block accordingly.  I stamped in Spring Iris on the top of the card.  Done.

Second technique is creating the background bottom portion of the card.  I wanted the card to be monochromatic and there wasn't any background and texture paper suitable.  That's why I stamped the bursts!  If memory serves me, that was one stamp for the whole bottom.  If not, then I stamped it multiple times.  Bottom done.

Third technique is a fun one. The balloon kissed the background stamp!  First, I inked my background burst stamp in Desert Sand and set it aside briefly.  Next, I took the balloon and created a second generation (ink stamp and stamp once on scratch paper).  Then, I kissed my second generation ready balloon to the background image.  That's to say, I stamped the background onto the balloon.  And finally, I stamped the balloon onto paper.  Therefore, my image was a balloon with a background on it.  Pretty cool, huh?!  Finally I stamped the balloon string in Desert Sand, cut out the balloon and the string, and edge distressed the card and the balloon.  The edge distressing technique was direct to paper.  I took the ink pad and swiped the paper's edge along the edge of the pad.  I sponged the balloon.

I assembled the card and mounted the balloon as the focal, and done!!

Can you use these techniques with the stamps you have currently?  You bet!  Will you look at future stamp sets and paper with these in mind?  I sure hope so.  : )

No comments: