Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Balloon Ride and Adrianna Cards

Want to know my favorite part of this card?  All of it!!  It doesn't always happen for me, but the cards I made while in Incline Village, Tahoe this February are some of my favorite cards I've made in a long time.  Sometimes I'm not able to create what I have in my head. 

But not this time!  The card looks better than it did in my head.  Let me tell you what went into making it.
First of all the colors are very soothing.  Balloon Ride features Cashmere, Colonial White, Creme Brulee, Crystal Blue, Juniper, Saddle, Sky, and Sorbet. This card uses just Creme Brulee and Saddle Ink.  The focal banner is from Banner Wishes (B1438) stamped in the two colors I just mentioned.  This Thank You card was created by following pattern #28 from Make it From the Heart Volume 2.

Other features of the card?  I sponged all the background and texture pieces with Saddle ink and added the durable stud triangles (obvious, Dana).  My favorite part of this card is that I mounted the bottom background and texture pieces with 3D foam so the whole card is elevated from the card base (Colonial White)!  And on top of that (literally), I mounted the saying!  Like I said, "LOVE it!"


This second card is not quite as high on my favorite list, but it, too, turned out like I visioned.
Balloon Ride and Adrianna paper packs were used here. This card is from Make it From the Heart Volume #1 and is pattern #28 (I modified the pattern accidentally).  The striped paper, according to the pattern, was supposed be adjacent to the Balloon Ride B&T center paper.  I liked the look (and couldn't get the paper up!) so it stayed this way.  : )  The stamp sets are Balloons (M1037) and Holiday Tags (D1560).

I'm going to interject here and tell you that it's been requested to include this card in the Spring Fling workshop scheduled on April 26th from 12:30 - 5pm.  Now you know one project!

Anyway, I colored the balloons in with colored pencils.  I stamped the balloons a few times before doing so.  Once for the base in Desert Sand (the string), once in Sky (blue balloon), and once in Sorbet (other balloon).  After I colored the balloons in, I cut them out and matched the colored balloons to the base balloons.  Just the balloons were mounted.  I glued the end of the strings down to the cardstock to give the balloons that much more dimension.  Finally, I mounted the "Happy Father's Day" piece as well.

The thing I like about this card is the versatility it brings.  Without even changing the paper, I can use a different saying from the Holiday Tags stamp set.  And, of course, by changing the paper and colors, I can make the card look different still.  The Brown Sparkles are the last touch to this card.


No comments: