Saturday, March 29, 2014

Happy Birthday Lollydoodle

If you're looking for a fun birthday card, look no further!  Lollydoodle is a bright, but not overwhelming, paper.  I think the colored circles make this paper look, dare I say, whimsical.

This card was super simple to make.  The owl, branch, and leaves from the Owls stamp set (B1450) was colored in with our Watercolor Pencils (3505) and cut out.  When stamping, I attached the leaves to the branch so I wouldn't have to cut those out separately.  I colored the owl's chest with the same colors as the background.  I randomly colored the feathers.

"Happy Birthday" (from Holiday Tags set D1560) was stamped in Chocolate ink (Z2111) - as was the owl and branch.  The leaves were stamped with Pear ink (Z2197).

I followed pattern #20 from Make it From Your Heart Volume #1 with the exception of the addition of the Silver Shimmer Tape (Z1799) in the upper left corner.  Those strips added just the right touch for me.

What else to say about the card?  The owl is mounted.  Enough.  : )

No comments: