Wednesday, September 23, 2015

A Little Note stamp set card

I thought I was going to have to share a card with a retired stamp set... but NOT!  : )
This stamp set does retire December 1, 2015 though.  I bought it because I thought it would make for a quick card.  I was not disappointed!  I wanted to have the flower bunch as the focal so I perused Wishes index and found cards with square looking focals.  The pattern here is Sentiment Secured.  The card uses La Vie En Rose (X7201B) background paper with Canary (X5772) and Fern (X5777) cardstock. 
The flowers were colored with Pastel Green (Z2459) as the base, then coming out from the center Golden Yellow (Z2452), and the top layer was Marigold (Z2457) - the darkest accent.  The stems were a base coat of Sap Green (Z2463) and highlighted with Leaf Green (Z2454).  That was adhered on the Canary cardstock that I sponged with Canary ink (Z2643).  The saying is part of the stamp set A Little Note(A1171) and is stamped in Black (Z2105) on Fern cardstock.  Black cardstock backs the Fern cardstock - I sponged the edges of that too with Fern ink (Z2650).

One of the finishing touches were adding the Bitty Sparkles (Z1263).  The last was mounting the canary focal paper on Thin 3D Foam Tape (Z2060) -- you can't see that well from this angle.

I think this card is one of simple elegance, personally!  The black background really makes the colors pop!!  I LIKE IT  : )

No comments: