Sunday, October 11, 2015

Fallen Leaves with Sangria





I'm in love with Sangria paper now that Fall is here.  It's as if the leaves have fallen off the trees and landed on the paper (shown is the paper packet papers when you order X7199B which consist of 6 sheets of background and texture paper - 2 each of 3 double-sided designs - and the cardstock)
















Another of my fall favorite stamp sets is Fallen Leaves (B1492).  Once upon a time we carried a similar stamp set (wood mounted) that I loved.  When I saw this stamp set, I had to have it and relive my "youth" - updating a card from my past.  But that's another story...







Today I thought I'd share a card that made me very happy,

The leaves were heat embossed with Gold Embossing powder and then heated with our Craft Heater.  I then colored the leaves with watercolor, cut them out, and mounted them.  Three is the Charm card pattern from Originals (pg 19) was modified for a standard 4.25" x 5.5" card instead of the 5" x 7" card in the book.

The paper is one of the background and texture papers from Sangria.  The other cardstocks are Cocoa, Desert Sand, and Cashmere.  "Thinking of you" is from the hostess Reward set Say it All (C1632) and was heat embossed in Gold Embossing Powder to match the leaves.

I hope you're happy now too!

No comments: