Monday, December 14, 2015

6th Grade Camp Card: 5 of 5

Whew!  So I decided on, cut, and assembled (oh, and wrote) all five of the camp cards in about 2 hours (okay, maybe 2.5 hours - it was a late night).

This last card is Middle Ground (page 19) of Wishes.  Words from Finding the Words and butterfly from Your Own Kind of Wonderful (D1627).
First off, I made my card to determine the colors I was going to paint my butterfly.  The background is Gypsy cardstock.  There is also Pixie ("Special" is stamped on that) and Cotton Candy (one step darker than Pixie) to back the butterfly.  The polka dot strip is the zip strip from one of the B&T papers.

Once I knew the colors of the card, I took a rectangular piece of Watercolor paper and my watercolors.  I painted horizontally across the rectangle.  Once it was dry (I assembled the card and others while I waited), I stamped with Black ink (you can use the Stazon on Archival Ink, but since I stamped after the paper was dry, I wasn't worried about bleedage (yes that is a word I just made up)).

There was too much white space after I adhered the butterfly on so I added some Black Sparkles (retired).  The butterfly may look like it's taking off the card (it is if you were holding the card), because it is.  I added thin foam to the middle of the lower wings and regular 3D foam to the top of the top wings.  I glued the bottom of the bottom wings directly to the paper.  Fun!

I should probably start on my summer camp cards now and put them aside so I can get some sleep before the girls leave!  Wait, I can't do that... I don't know what wonderful paper there is going to be in the Seasonal Expressions 2 supplemental.  Somethings are better to wait...

No comments: