Wednesday, December 9, 2015

6th Grade Camp Cards: 1 of 5

Amber went to 6th grade camp this week.  The fact that my youngest is in 6th grade is amazing!  Unfortunately, I'd been busy with other things and forgot, until Sunday evening - about 10pm - that I hadn't prepared any of her "letters".  Mental panic was not too far behind.

Whenever the girls go away to camp, I make some cards so they can have a taste of home while away.  I shared with you the cards from Girl Scout camp this past summer.  I needed to make 5 cards in a matter of hours (Amber was leaving the next morning).

I pulled out my trusty pattern books - Originals and Wishes - and started looking through the quick reference section.  I know I was making 3" x 3" cards.  I found three patterns from Wishes that I would use, and another two from Originals.  Check.

Next was the paper.  I decided to use Kaleidoscope paper because of the bright colors.  Check.

Stamps... I thought I'd go with little sayings on the front with butterflies.  That meant taking out Finding the Words (D1646) and Your Own Kind of Wonderful (C1627).  I like Finding the Words stamp set because it has one word larger than the accompanying words.  And there are several butterflies to choose from from Your Own Kind of Wonderful.




This first card is from Wishes, is called Right Away, and can be found on page 84.  I only needed to use Finding the Words for this card.  The flowers around "Cherish" are a single stamp from the stamp set (you can see below that there are 5 images to go along with the set).  I thought the flower went better with the card than the butterfly.  Finally, I set the flowers with some shine with the Bitty Sparkles (love these).  The saying is mounted with 3D Foam.


Here is the Finding the Words stamp set.  The banner can be cut from the Artiste Cricut Cartridge Collection, and then stamped.  Why not eliminate having to cut it out?!


Plug:  I don't know if you realize it or not, but each of the Cricut Collection now comes with a Cardstock Combo Pack (instead of the dimensional chipboard shapes), as well as three stamp sets.  That's on top of the cartridge that includes 700 images to cut from!  I only use my Close to my Heart Cricut Cartridges.  I haven't found a need for any other one.

No comments: