Monday, December 7, 2015

Penguin Family with White Pines

Here's another card using the Season's Greetings stamp set (B1483), and Simple Expressions from Wishes.  This time I stamped the large Penguin to the left of the focal White Daisy, and stamped the smaller penguin (and the large one too for the scarf) onto scratch White Daisy, both in black ink.  For the small penguin, I cleaned the stamp and then stamped in Fern ink for the scarf and hat.


I colored the large penguin's scarf to mimic Fern (there isn't an exact match), so I colored it with the Shin Ham markers in three layers: Warm Grey 4, followed by Leaf Green, followed again by Warm Grey 4.  The small penguin's hat and scarf are colored to match Glacier: Warm Grey 4, Turquoise Blue and blended with the blender marker.

The scarves and hat were cut out, as was the small penguin.  The scarves and hat were directly adhered to the respective penguin.  And the small penguin was mounted with 3D Foam tape.



Now, if you look at the stamp set again, you'll notice "from our family to yours" is attached (it is) to the "WARM CHRISTMAS WISHES" saying.  This might be scary for some of you... cut those two phrases apart, like I did.  I was able to then stamp the saying below "SEASON'S GREETINGS".  If you don't want to cut your image, you can put paper over the part you don't want to ink, remove the paper, and then stamp.  I made too may of these cards to make that worth my while.



This card can also be made as a thank you card at the end of the season.  Just replace "Season's Greetings" with "Thank You"

No comments: