Saturday, December 5, 2015

Red Penguin with White Pines Card

Now that Thanksgiving was enjoyed, I thought I'd share one of my Holiday cards.  I'm more of a winter person than Christmas, so I look for snowflakes, deer, penguin, and the such.  I found a wonderful stamp set called "Seasons Greetings" (B1483) that checks off a bunch from my list... here, let me show it to you.  : )


How cute are those penguins!! Their scarf and the smaller one with the matching hat.

Okay, so now that you've seen how cool the stamp set is, let me show you the first card I made...

To create this card, I took the colors from White Pines paper packet.  I stamped tone on tone with the snowflakes in Champagne on Champagne.  Because the three stamps were being inked the same color, I put all three snowflakes onto one block in a triangular pattern.  The I rotated the stamp each time I inked it.  Quick and easy.

The penguin is stamped onto scrap White Daisy cardstock and then stamped again, making sure to re-ink.  I colored in the scarf with Shin Ham Marker, and then cut it out.  I then glued the scarf directly over the stamped image of the penguin (as you should be able to see, I didn't glue the ends of the scarf down to give more of a 3D look.

Side-note:  to make the color of the scarf match the Cranberry in the paper, I did three layers of colors.  The bottom layer is Mahogany, the middle layer is Light Orange, and the top is Carmine.  It took a little more work, but for my type Aness, I'm very glad I did.  In living color, the scarf matches the paper really well.

Season's Greetings was stamped in Black ink on the Glacier paper.  The pattern for this card?  Simple Expressions (page 40) from Wishes.  I moved the 1/4" strip of Fern cardstock to go below the zigzag B&T paper.  I also opted to stamp the saying on the 3/4" Glacier cardstock instead of creating the saying piece in the pattern.

No comments: