Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Change Those Papers and Colors!

Last week was my Charlotte Card Workshop.  I liked the pattern of this card...















I made this card after the workshop.  The "Happy Birthday" was inspired by my friends who wanted to make those instead of "Congrats".


I used Zoe paper with the colors Glacier, Sweet Leaf, and Whisper.  The dotted Zoe B&T paper is 0.75" x 5.5" while the Whisper cardstock is 0.25" x 5.5".  Unlike the card above, I didn't put anything between the two papers - not that I didn't try!  I was going to use Clear Shimmer Trim, but it was too wide for the papers.  I even thought about cutting it in half, but thought better of it (I don't think I could have cut it in half straight!!).  What I need to do is order some Gold Glitter Paper (Z3076) and cut that to 0.25".  But, I like the card without anything anyway, so phew!

I sponged the flowers with Glacier ink and then added Enamel and Glitter Duo Blue Dots (Z3122) to the center of the flowers.  I went with a combination of two types.

After the papers were adhered, I stamped "Happy Birthday" (B1419) in Whisper ink above the paper and slightly to the right of center.  The flowers were then stamped, followed by the leaves in Sweet Leaf.

I'm going to confess something now.  I didn't really like the Thin Cuts at first.  I thought they were more time consuming than just cutting out the images.  I no longer feel that way.  Even if you need to cut several of the same image, it saves time and paper to run the Thin Cuts through your embossing machine (I have the Cuttlebug).  The other thing I do, too, is run several of the images through and then keep them with the stamp set.  That way, if I am ever in a real rush, I just have to pull the cut image and stamp it!  Wham! Bam! Thank you Ma'am!

This Springtime Wishes Thin Cuts (Z3201) corresponds with the Springtime Wishes stamp set (C1641).  We offer three other Thin Cut/Stamp Set combination in our Seasonal Expressions Supplement.  I suspect there will be more in the future (don't quote me on that, though).

No comments: