Tuesday, July 19, 2016

While I Was Away

Lindsey's girl scout troop (and a few parents) went camping in Sequoia National Park July 5-9, 2016.  That's also where I was.  : )

Here is a picture of one of the Sequoia trees we saw while exploring one day.







This picture doesn't give the tree justice, but you can see how far back I needed to be to get the entire giant into the frame!


And everyday these deer would come feed near our campsite - across the road actually.  We didn't see any bears (from afar would have been cool).  We also saw a bat (in daytime!), chipmunks, and squirrels.









We couldn't have asked for better weather.  I wish I had brought a pair of shorts, even, for the days.  Hopefully we'll go camping again next year.  In the meantime, Amber and her troop are camping next month in Big Bear.  It will be her troop's first time.  I'm looking forward to the discoveries we make then!

No comments: