Friday, August 26, 2016

Fiesta Card Kit Doubles Up

I bought the fiesta card kit at the beginning of the Seasonal Expressions 2 activation - three months ago.  I was just going to show you how quick and simple the cards can go together.


Here is how the card kit comes.  The idea is to stamp the center white circle with an M sized stamp, color it in, and call it a day.  Very quick and simple.

See how the green/silver paper is the card base?!











I changed it up a bit, and thought I should show you before these babies are retired (next Wednesday - Aug 31,2016).


I made these 4 cards using 2 fiesta cards, some extra circle cuts, and some black cardstock.  Well, I used white cardstock for the flowers too.  20 card bases (because the kit makes 10 cards, and we're doubling that by cutting the bases apart, we need new bases).  And Watercolor Pencils.  Some Foam Tape.  And a couple of stamp sets.  Oh, and black ink.

I cut one fiesta card base at the seam, and used that to cover a new card base.  Then I cut the other fiesta side down to 4" x 5.25".  I had cut out a 4.25" x 5.5" Black cardstock base already.  Ooh, and as I'm typing this up, maybe leave the white card base showing instead of using black (let me know what you think)...  Let me show you close ups of the cards.


These first two show the fiesta base covering the whole base/front.  Both sayings are from Happy to Be Friends (C1605) set.  As another aside here, this stamp set comes in Spanish (C1605S) and French (C1605F).  Click on the order numbers to see the set on my website.  The Hawaiian Hibiscus (B1527) set lends the flowers and leaves.  They were colored in with the Watercolor Pencils and blended with the blending pen.



These next two cards have a black background (it's hard to see, but you'll have to trust me - look at the picture of the four cards, it's easier to see the black bases in that picture).  Same coloring technique as the above two cards.

Happy Birthday is from the M sized stamp set M1144 and has two birthday sentiments (this one is retiring next week too!).


What do you think?  Easy to replicate as long as you get the kit before next Wednesday the 31st.  There is also the Jubilee Card Kit with Raspberry and gold dots accents.  I've seen several flamingos with those bases.

Maybe I'll do a workshop with these cards next month?  What do you think?  I'll need to order by next Wednesday too, so let me know before then!







No comments: