Sunday, November 6, 2016

Flower Market Sunflower Birthday Card

My Cardaholics group card challenge was birthday cards.  Since I got my new cartridge, I thought I'd make my card using it.  And I thought I'd make one a little more masculine.  This is what came out:
Colors of this card:
Sapphire - background.  Sanded.
Saffron - flower base
Goldrush - flower outline
New England Ivy - stems
Crystal Blue - background to banner
Chocolate - banner outline and flower center backgrounds
Saddle - center of flower
White Daisy - card base

The center flower's stem is two stems glued together.  If I were to have elongated the stem, it would have been out of proportion.  

The banner is mounted with Thin 3D Foam.  And the flower centers have been "painted" with the Shimmer Glitter pen.  I have to say that the pen barfed a little too much for my taste.  This was the first card I made using the pen.  Subsequent cards didn't have quite so much.  : )

So, where did the sunflowers come from?  Take a look at page 7.  These were cut in three different sizes (although the two smaller ones are close to the same size).

And the title comes from page 39.

The nice thing about using Design Space is that the images come grouped so that when you size the image, everything associated with it stays in proportion.  :)  That and saving the file for later use.


No comments: