Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Let's Celebrate Balloon

I really liked these Pinterest inspired cards.  Lindsey's birthday is right before school gets out, and with Amber playing softball, we have tended not to have a birthday party in June.  Because we didn't have a party this year, we decided to have a half birthday party instead, making this the perfect opportunity to make the card.


Most of the products used has been retired, but I think they fill the purpose too well.  It's one reason why you can never have too many/much stamping stuff.  : )

The paper is the Fundamental paper - Enchantment colors: Thistle, Olive, Goldrush, Autumn Terracotta, Hollyhock, and Indian Corn Blue.  The ink color corresponds to the balloon color with the saying from the A Little of Everything set.  The balloon strings are from the Metallic Twine - neutrals, Autumn Terracotta Twine, and Olive Twine.  They are attached to the card with Liquid Glass, once the twine was knotted around the stem of the balloons.

Okay, so the meat of the card is the balloon.  I chose to use the balloon from the Artistry Cricut Collection and is 4.5" wide.  While I held the balloon down where I wanted it on the card, I cut the overhanging parts of the image.  Then I tied the string onto the balloon, and mounted it with Thin 3D Foam.  I changed up the bend of the string, and tada!


This card doesn't only have to be a birthday card.  It can be used for any celebration.  : )

No comments: