Friday, March 10, 2017

Good Times... March Stamp of the Month Card

Since I was super late last month posting a sample, I'm getting it done early this month!

I'm super excited about my card.
Let me tell you about it.  This is the front of the card, made from Make it From Your Heart Volume 1 (pattern #25).  The striped paper is from the Whimsy Fundamental paper (Z3255) - I think we tend to forget about those great Creative Collections.  Sweet Leaf (X5771) and Glacier (X5770) cardstock finish off the colored paper (along with White Daisy(1385)) for the card.  The tea cups and flower were stamped with Memento ink (Z899) because I was going to add water.  The saying I just used Black ink (Z2805).  And I stamped the whole saying in Glacier ink (Z2841) on the Glacier cardstock for some visual interest.  Speaking of visual interest, I sponged the bannered Sweet Leaf and Glacier with the respected colored ink (Sweet Leaf's part number is Z2853).

I added dots with the journaling pen (Z1767) to finish the front and to add the saying inside.  The cups and flower were colored with the watercolor pencils (3505) -- Sunkiss Yellow, Spring Iris, Crystal Blue, Citrus Leaf, Bubblegum, and Holiday Red -- and blended with the Small Round Waterbrush (Z3224).  I've really been enjoying watercoloring!






My original intention was to stamp the flower on the bottom right of the saying.  Unfortunately, I didn't do a good job of masking "Good times" and a little of the bottom showed.  So, my flower went above the saying in an attempt to hide some of the black.  It mostly worked, but it's overlooked because of the flower.  : )








I used just three of the 11 stamps in this set.  Tea-rrific (S1703) will work well with tea and coffee lovers.  Here is the entire stamp set.
Isn't this a cute stamp set?  You can add a tea bag to the inside of the card as a thank you.  A gift card can go inside too.

No comments: