Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Home is Where Your Heart is

I really like the Flower Market Cricut Collection.  : )

I have a realtor friend who asks me to make cards for her business.  This is the card I made for her this time around.  The tulips, vase, and saying are from Flower Market.

The outside tulips are made from Blossom and Smoothie cardstock.  The center tulip has added the colors Cotton Candy (retired) and Pixie.  The stems are New England Ivy.  The vase is Sea Glass, as is the heart of the saying (double meaning there!).  The band and saying are cut from Pomegranate cardstock.  The background and texture paper is from Wanderful (retired), but pairs quite nicely because it's Crystal Blue.

The last thing to know about the structure of the card is that it's an 8" x 3.5" card found in the pattern book Wishes.  The title is Top Band which is located on page 100.

After cutting out and gluing the pieces together, I assembled the vase.  Each card is slightly different in the angle of the flowers themselves and how they were glued into the vase.  I tied White Twine around the center of the vase and then Thin Mounted the vase and flowers.

Yes, making 50 cards was labor intensive.  But it's a labor of love and I really like the way they turned out.  On to the next thing... my niece's wedding invitations!

No comments: