Friday, July 21, 2017

Stampaganza Stamp - All is Bright - Sample

I thought I'd share with you a stamp that is part of the Stampaganza campaign that you won't find in the idea books.  : )

Let me introduce you to Quick Cards - All is Bright.
snow CTMH Stampaganza
I made this monochromatic card using the colors Sapphire, Pacifica, Crystal Blue, and Glacier.  I'm really pleased with how it turned out!

I modified the Make it from your Heart Volume 2 pattern #24 to make it.  According to the pattern the papers are 1/4" narrower and then butted next to each other to leave an 1/8" border around everything.  Instead, I cut the papers 4 1/4" wide to span the width of the card.  I had intended for no white to show, but had forgotten to take the height into account when I cut the pieces.  Instead, I made lemonade!

The B&T paper is from the Adventure Fundamental pack - Pacifica - specifically. ;)

All is Bright is one stamp set, so easy peasy!  That's where I started...by stamping in Sapphire ink on White Daisy cardstock (3" x 3" - unlike the pattern dimension).  From there I picked the other colors. The stamped image is mounted on Crystal Blue (1/4" larger than the White Daisy)(because I liked the look better than when the Glacier was placed on top of Crystal Blue).  That is 3D foam mounted to be raised.

To the Glacier cardstock, I used the direct to paper technique.  The look is accomplished by opening your ink pad, and lightly rubbing it (in a circular pattern) over the cardstock.  It gives the cardstock some movement and life (definitely one of my favorite techniques!).

Lastly, I cut and glued on the Sapphire Twine from the Adventure Ribbon Pack.  Those are two pieces.  One for the straight, and another for the bow.  I used Liquid Glass to glue the pieces.  Those were in position before I mounted the stamped image.

Oh, and the last thing I did, was add some Shimmer using the Clear Shimmer Brush.  I added it to the snowflakes, every other tree, and below the "Merry and Bright all night" saying (you can sort of see that in the picture).

Items used (all CTMH):
Item #Description
A1148Quick Cards - All is Bright
Z2848Sapphire Ink
Z2841Glacier Ink
1388White Daisy Cardstock
X5770Glacier Cardstock
1292Crystal Blue Cardstock
Z3253Adventure Fundamental Pack - Pacifica
Z3286Adventure Ribbon Pack
Z3293Shimmer Brush - Clear
Z11513D Foam Tape
Z679Liquid Glass
9042Make it from your Heart Volume 2

No comments: