Thursday, February 8, 2018

Mini Brag Book Updated

A few months ago I updated that cute brag book and I thought I'd show it to you.  : )

This is the book with the cover closed.  I used the Basic Fundamentals (Z3353), Bashful Cardstock, Pewter Cardstock, and White Daisy.

The saying has been stamped with Bashful ink (color of the year!) using a stamp from the Artistry Cricut Collection (Z3190).  Don't forget three stamp sets and cardstock comes with your purchase of the larger Cricut Collections! The ribbon is from the Basics ribbon Pack (Z3364).

The album stays closed thanks to a loop and hook dot (Z1805) that's hidden under the knot of the ribbon. The saying is adhered to the ribbon so that when you pull up on the ribbon, the pictures can be revealed.
You can kind of see the hook and loop dots...

Finally, the inside of the album reveals space for 3 pictures and one area for journaling.
Just like the original, I cut along the butterfly's wings and the flowers using a craft knife so I can tuck a 2.5" x 2.5" picture under the images.  The flower page is where I'd journal, and the spotted page (stamped using a background stamp from the Flower Market Cricut Collection) will host another picture.  The images were colored using our Watercolor Pencils (3505)

Let's put this baby together, shall we!

The 3" x 12" Bashful cardstock is scored at 3", 6", and 9".  The inside White Daisy cardstock are 2.75" x 2.75", as is the front B&T paper.  The Pewter cardstock base is 3.25" x 3.50".  The extra 0.25" accommodates the loop and hook dot.

How I managed closure... I tied a knot in my 6" of ribbon.  Held the knot to the side of my folded Bashful paper, and added some adhesive to the underside of the ribbon that extended past the front.  Attach the ribbon to the back of the Bashful paper.  Attach the Bashful/Ribbon part to the Pewter base, shifting it to one side to make room for the loop and hook dot.  Orientation DOES matter!  I make three sides (top, bottom, and left) equal distant from the edge of the Pewter.  Have I over explained that part?!  Finally, I add a hook to the backside of the knot, attaching the loop part to the hook dot, and pushing the ribbon (with hook and loop attached) into place to the right of the book on the extended Pewter base.

Super quick to make, this mini brag book is a great gift!

No comments: