Tuesday, August 4, 2015

The Girls' Camp Cards


I mentioned on my Facebook page that my girls went to camp for the week.  They wanted to have their cards for the week with them because they don't always get it in the mail (something about the girls not passing it back to them).  Anyway, I procrastinated making the cards - I only had months!  The good thing, though, is that since I waited, I got to use Zoe paper for the cards.

I took my Originals how-to program, one sheet of Zoe, and the coordinating papers (Slate, Whisper, Sorbet, Sweet Leaf, Glacier, and Daisy White).  Looked at the "at a glance" section of Originals, and cut my papers.  All the cards are 3" x 3".  Perfect for a little note.

I didn't do any extra "work" on the cards.  No distressing (even though some could do with it). 

Stage Right page 122



This first card uses a punch of color with the Pacifica flower.  The flower and the leaves (Juniper) were Cricut Cuts from the Art Philosophy cartridge.  You can see that you're not restricted to the colors on the zip-strip of the background and texture paper.  The center of the flower is sporting two sequins from the Silver Sequin package (Z2013).  When it still needed something, I took out my Mini Stapler (Z2027) and wham!  I love those staples (first time on a card - definitely not the last time)!







Package Deal page 124

I knew I wanted to make 3" x 3" cards, but I fell in lust with the 6" x 6" design of this card.  No worries, I just divided the measurements by 2".  The butterfly and saying are from Your Own Kind of Wonderful (D1627) stamp set.  I colored the butterfly with Peacock Green (Z2461), then removed some of the color with the Colorless Blender (Z2469), and then added Turquoise Blue (Z2465) and a touch of Light Orange (Z2455).  The dots are colored with Pastel Green (Z2459).  To prop the wings, I cut very small slivers of Thin Foam and put them on either side of the body.  Flaxen Extra Thick Twine (Z3036) finishes off the card.




Close up of Butterfly



I fussy stamped the You are Loved part.  That saying is on one straight stamp.  I carefully inked the "Loved" on the inkpad (the very corner).  If any ink got on the other words, I would have wiped it off.  Then I stamped "love", cleaned the stamp, and repeated the process, being careful not to ink the "loved".  Perfect!



Triple, Triple page 12





These are basically the same card.  I just doodled a little differently on the two.  This card reminds me of a retro beach.  The retro comes from the colors - Glacier and Sorbet.  The beach is from the flowers, which came from Happy to be Friends (C1605).  The "for someone" and "special" come from the set Finding the Words (B1646).  I added a little bling on the flowers from the Brown and Tan Sparkles (Z1753 - going away at the end of the month).  The center strip has been raised with 3D foam.





Here is a close up of one of the cards:

















Squares and Overlay page 65



Next up is this diddy.  If you wanted to, you could add some ink to the Whisper paper on the right.  But here you can see what clean lines look like.  The pop of Sorbet color of the flower just makes me smile.  The flower and the saying are from the stamp set Have a Happy Day (D1616).  That stamp set and these colors make me so happy, that's what this month's workshop is going to feature!  The flower is raised with 3D foam tape.
 
 
 
Center Focus page 110
 
 
 
 
 
 
Last but not least, is my Hello card.  The stamps are once again from Have a Happy Day (D1616).  I used another pop of Pacifica for the flowers.  The center image is first generation while the other two are second generation.  In this large picture, I added tone on tone chevrons to the band.  The below picture is the with and without that stamping.  I still don't know which one I prefer!  The chevrons needed to be the same ink color as to not compete too heavily with the background paper and make you want to barf.  Because it is subtle, I believe mission accomplished.
 
two versions of the same card
 
 
 
 
So now the girls will each get there own set of cards.  Mike and I wrote something for each day.  I can't wait to explore more!  Hopefully I'll remember to pick the girls up at the end of the week.  : )





No comments: