Monday, October 15, 2012

CTMH Artiste Cricut Cartridge "Thanksgiving/Give Thanks" Key Blog Hop

The Paper Cupcakes team is at it again this month with another blog hop.  This time we're featuring the Artiste Cricut Cartridge, but more directly, those cuts from page 78.  That's the 16 images which include fall leaves, a napkin ring, leaves cupcake liner, the words "Give Thanks" and "Thanksgiving", cards, and more!

If you've come from Tasha Valdez's website, you are on the right track.   Don't worry if you just started, the cool thing about this hop is you'll get to go see everyone's artwork who participated by following the links.  And if you'd like to start at the beginning, hop on over to Bren Yule's blog.  She's the fearless leader of the Paper Cupcakes.

My family's Thanksgiving Day tradition was my inspiration for my top sample.  Every other year ('cuz the other year is an in-law turkey day), my family (sisters' families and parents) of 15 descends upon a family friend for the big day.  With her family, there are now 25 of us in the house.  The four grandparents eat in the living room.  The "childults" eat in the dining room, and the young grandkids (4 of them two years ago) in the den off of the kitchen.  I'm not sure what the seating is going to be this year, but we're going to have a great time!  Anyway,  what I came up with...are napkin rings!

Come back later today and see what went into making these napkin rings.  ONLY ARTISTE CARTRIDGE, PAGE 78, FOUND HERE!

I also made this pumpkin using the same key.  I used the stamp set So Grateful (B1395) with Autumn Terracotta on Sunset.  One nice thing about this cartridge is that when you choose your size for the pumpkin, the leaf and vine are automatically chosen to be proportional!



But enough about me and my creations, go check out what Karen Barber created!  Don't forget to come back after lunch to see how I made the napkin rings.  :)

6 comments:

Linda Taylor said...

Love the napkin rings Dana. What a terrific idea!

Tasha said...

I agree the napkin rings are beautiful.

Hrkinney@hotmail.com said...

Vote three for the napkin rings, what a fun way to dress up the table.

bren said...

Make sure you get a pic of the crowd on Thanksgiving! The table will look smashing with all those cute napkin rings and pumpkins! Great job creating!

Karen said...

Very nice - love the little pumpkin! And I enjoyed the story!

Dawn said...

Sounds like a fun Thanksgiving! I think my step-mom gave up on assigned seating for us, but we still get utensils all wrapped up in a napkin. I may have to stamplift your cute napkin rings.