Monday, February 17, 2014

Keeping with a Tradition


When you live day to day with your children, how do you separate day to day, and year to year.  Ever since my girls turned one, I've taken a print of their hand and foot.  Of course as they got older, they got to chose the color(s) of those prints.  And we started documenting their favorites.  Those were snapshots in time, as are the prints, but it's awesome to compare year to year.  We also get a picture with one particular stuffed animal to visually show how they've changed (I'll save that for another day).

Amber's invitation and thank you is included on this layout.  A few days ago I mentioned putting those cards on the card holder page.  Well, I can't do the same thing every year! : )

I also like to have the girls write their name on the prints page.  It's fun to see the penmanship through the years too.  Displaying the favorites list changes from layout to layout, but is always there.  My hope is that the girls will show their children what was going on in their life as a kid so their children can see life isn't much different.

No comments: