Wednesday, March 25, 2015

You're the Bomb card

This super cute card was inspired by a card made by Donna Digby.  Her original card can be found here, where she continued the theme inside her card.

My take was similar but I matched it with my Hopscotch workshop.  : )





The colors used are Hopscotch paper, Indian Corn Blue, Flaxen, and Smoothie.  The Indian Corn Blue was run through with my Chevron Embossing Folder (Z1925) and centered on a layer of Hopscotch paper (X7194B).  The spark for the fuse is a medium sequin from the Gold Sequin Assortment (Z2012).  Finally, the fuse was drawn by hand using our Journaling Pen (Z1979).

The bomb itself is a circle with a rectangle glued to the back of it.




If you look at the "You're the Bomb" stamp set (C1617) used for this card, you'll notice the "you are" is flagged only on one side -- the wrong orientation for this card.  We just cut the other side to make it "symmetrical".  Easy peasy!

And the "sparkle" from the lit fuse is really the shine of the diamond.  As I was telling a friend, I stamp because I can't draw!

As you look at the stamp set, you can see the versatility!  This stamp set is only available through the end of the month.  In other words, you have until March 31, 2015 to get this fabulous set.  Another benefit is $3 of the cost goes to Operation Smile!

No comments: