Monday, October 15, 2018

Modern Wedding Card

This month's challenge was to make a wedding card or baby shower card.  I went to Pinterest for inspiration and found it!

The card on Pinterest was an all white card with the "&" in rainbow colors.

I loved the way the card was constructed, clearly, because I modified it.  : )



On Design Space I sized the square I wanted.  Next, I added the "Mr", "&", and "Mrs" to the system.  I played around with the font and sizes until I liked the look within the square.  In order for the "Mr" to get cut out of the square, the square and the "Mr" need to be attached (with "Mr" where you want it within the square).  "Mrs" and "&" are two separate colors so they each get their own mat for cutting.

Mrs is cut from White Glitter Paper.  The Ampersand (&) was cut from the fundamental basics (retired).

I cut the Blush Satin Ribbon (retired) only long enough to wrap by about 1/2" on each side (I don't want to waste ribbon where you don't see) and taped the ends to the back of the Charcoal square.  A smaller length of ribbon was tied around the taped ribbon to create the knot.

Ampersand was glued directly to the Charcoal cardstock.  Mrs. received  thin 3D foam tape (those non stick micro-tiped scissors - can't say enough good about them!).  Mr. Square was also raised with thin 3D foam tape.  But before Mr. Square was adhered to the base card, Black cardstock was glued to the base so that "Mr" would be backed in black.

Modern and Classy!

No comments: